The PBN course covers the latest developments in procedures governing airspace use, as well as the new types of Standard Instrument Departures (SID’s), Standard Terminal Arrivals (STAR’s) and Instrument Approaches. The course includes the following concepts:
- Area Navigation (RNAV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP).
- Basic RNAV (B-RNAV) requirements and procedures.
- Precision RNAV (P-RNAV) requirements and procedures.
- Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS). This includes GPS, GLONASS and their augmentation systems.
- RNP and RNAV functions.
- Training requirements and operational flying of RNAV (GNSS) approaches.
- Airworthiness and Operational approval