The training in Personal Safety and Social Responsibility is for all Seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ships on the business of that ship as part of the ship’s complement with designated safety or pollution-prevention duties. The objective of the training is to ensure that all seafarers can take responsibility for their own safety whilst looking out for the safety of others as well as protection of the marine environment from pollution associated with ships. The objectives and outcomes of the training should be that candidates can:
- Comply with emergency procedures.
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment.
- Observe safe working practices.
- Contribute to effective communications on board the ship.
- Contribute to effective human relationships on board the ship.
- Understand and take necessary actions to control fatigue.
This program is developed as per SAMSA Code: Ancillary Courses Personal Safety and Social Responsibility STCW A-VI/1-4.